Dr. Bhaswati Bhattacharya Designation : Assistant Professor email@example.com +91-130-2281246
- Food Packaging: Films and Coatings
- Encapsulation of bioactive components
- For enhancing the shelf life of food materials
- To act as biosensors
- Excited/Transient state spectroscopy and dynamics
- NRF Post-Doctoral Fellowship, Republic of South Africa, April 2010
- UGC Dr. D. S. Kothari Postdoctoral Fellowship, India, August 2009
- Senior Research Fellowship from CSIR, New Delhi (2006)
- Junior Research Fellowship from CSIR, New Delhi (2003)
- Investigation of heat‐acid induced coagulation behaviour of whole milk systems employing front‐face fluorescence spectroscopy. P Chakraborty, B Bhattacharya, U Shivhare, S Basu. International Journal of Dairy Technology 0, 1-9 (2020)
- Trans Fatty Acid Analysis of Frying Oil Using ATR-FTIR Spectroscopy: A Study on Indian Traditional Snack Foods. R Kumar, B Bhattacharya, T Agarwal, S Chakkaravarthi. Journal of Food Quality & Hazards Control 7, 75 – 83 (2020).
- Role of plasticizers in bioplastics. V. Tyagi and B. Bhattacharya. MOJ Food Processing & Technology 7 (4), 128-130 (2019).
- Efficacy of free and encapsulated natural antioxidants in oxidative stability of edible oil: Special emphasis on nanoemulsion-based encapsulation. S Sharma, SF Cheng, B Bhattacharya, S Chakkaravarthi. Trends in Food Science & Technology 91, 305-318 (2019).
- Spectroscopic Investigation of Self-assembling Properties of Tyrocidines B and C: A Novel group of Peptides against Foodborne Pathogens. B Bhattacharya, International Journal of Food and Nutritional Sciences 5, 26-36 (2016).
- β-Sheet Structures and dimer Models of the Two Major Tyrocidines, Antimicrobial peptides from Bacillus Aneurinolyticus. G. Munyuki, G. E. Jackson, G. A. Venter, K. E. Kövér, L. Szilágyi, M. Rautenbach,, Spathelf, B.M., Bhattacharya, B and Van der Spoel, D. Biochemistry 52, 7798-7806 (2013).
- Multiple emissions of benzil at RT and 77K and their assignments from ab-initio quantum chemical calculations. B Bhattacharya, B Jana, D Bose and N Chattopadhyay. J. Chem. Phys. 134, 044535 (2011).
- Photophysics and dynamics of a β-carboline analogue in room temperature ionic liquids. D. Sarkar, B Bhattacharya and N Chattopadhyay. J. Colloid and Interface Sci. 353, 181 (2011).
- Studies of Triton X-165-β-cyclodextrin interactions using both extrinsic and intrinsic fluorescence. A Mahata, D Bose, D Ghosh, B Jana, B Bhattacharya, D Sarkar and N Chattopadhyay. J. Colloid and Interface Sci. 347, 252 (2010).
- Singha, S., Bhattacharya, B., and Basu, S. Process Technology of Nanoemulsions in Food Processing. In: Grumezescu, A. Encapsulations (Nanotechnology in the Food Industry, Volume 2). Academic Press, Elsevier, (2016). ISBN:978-0-12-804307-3
- Bhattacharya, B., Singha, S., and Basu, S. Fluorescent Nanosensors: Rapid Tool for Detection of Food Contaminants. In: Grumezescu, A. Nanobiosensors (Nanotechnology in the Food Industry, Volume 8). Academic Press, Elsevier, (2016). ISBN:978-0-12-804301-1
|1||Ph.D.||Fluorescence Spectroscopy||University of Hyderabad||2009|
|2||M.Sc. (Chemistry)||Physical Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry||University of Calcutta||2003|
|1||Assistant Professor||NIFTEM||2011 - Present|
|2||Postdoctoral Fellow||Stellenbosch University, Stellenbosch, South Africa||April 2010–Dec 2011|
|3||Postdoctoral Fellow||Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India||Aug. 2009 Feb. 2010|
- Worked as a Postdoctoral Fellow in the Department of Biochemistry, Stellenbosch University from April 2010-December 2011.
- Visit to Leibniz Institute of Molecular Pharmacology, Berlin, Germany (September 2011-October 2011) for collaborative research under German-SA Cooperation Program in Education and Research coordinated by the International Bureau of the BMB, project, SUA 09/048 for 2010 to 2012 (“Optimization of small peptides as potential drugs against intracellular human pathogens”)
- Collaboration with Dr Yixiang Wang (Food Science and Agricultural Chemistry) McGill University, Canada) as a Co-supervisor for one of the PhD Scholar.
- Sit-Foon Cheng from Department of Chemistry, University of Malaya, Malaysia for collaborating studies in edible oils.
- Dr Santanu Basu from Department of Molecular Sciences, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Sweden for collaborating studies in molecular spectroscopy of protein behavior in milk systems.
Externally Funded Projects:
- As a Co-PI in MoFPI funded project titled “Development of protocol for reduction of acrylamide leaves in selected potato based snack foods”
- As a PI in MoFPI funded project titled “Preparation, characterization and evaluation of encapsulated eggplant peel extract and potato peel extract in Edible Oil”
- As a Co-PI in DST funded “Development of a riboflavin-enriched probiotic fermented product to mitigate riboflavin deficiency in Indian & South African children”