Dr. Chakkaravarthi Saravanan Designation : Assistant Professor firstname.lastname@example.org +91-130-2281220
- Lipid Oxidation
- Science Enrichment Award in Biochemistry, PEARL Foundation for Educational Excellence (2017).
- Summer Research Fellowship, Indian Academy of Science (June, 2015 – July,2015)
- Post Doctoral Fellowship, Foundation of Science and Technology, Portugal. (July 2008 – Feb 2012).
- Young Travel Fellowship, Federation of European Biochemical Society, United Kingdom (2010).
- Simran Sharma, Sit-Foon Cheng, Bhaswati Bhattacharya, S. Chakkaravarthi, (2019) Efficacy of free and encapsulated natural antioxidants in oxidative stability of edible oil: Special emphasis on nanoemulsion-based encapsulation, Trends in Food Science & Technology 91: 305-318.
- Rupali Dolas, Chakkaravarthi Saravanan, Barjinder Pal Kaur (2019) Emergence and era of ultrasonic’s in fruit juice preservation: A review. Ultrasonics Sonochemistry 58: 104609.
- VintiSingla and S Chakkaravarthi (2017) Applications of prebiotics in food industry: A review. Food Science and Technology International 23(8): 649-667.
- Chakkaravarthi, S and Venkatesh, Y. P., (2014) Exploration of cation-π interactions in the structural stability of food allergens.International Journal of Food and Nutritional Sciences, 3; 32-44.
- Chakkaravarthi Saravanan, (2016) Computational analysis of weak interactions in TIM-Barrel Proteins. Lambert Academic Publishing, Germany. ISBN 978-3659873041.
- R. Sasikumar, S. Chakkaravarthi and K. Vivek (2016) Food Processing Technology – A technical manual. Biotech Books, New Delhi. ISBN 978-8176223706.
|1||Ph.D.||Biotechnology||VIT University, India||2003-2008|
|2||Systems Biology||CNC, University of Coimbra, Portugal||2008-2012|
|3||M.Sc.||Biochemistry||Madurai Kamaraj University, India||1998-2000|
|1||Assistant Professor||NIFTEM||2012-Till Date|
|2||Scientist||Vittal Mallya Scientific Research Foundation, Bangalore||2007-2008|
- Research work visit to Interdisciplinary Graduate School of Nutraceutical and Functional Food, Prince of Songkla University, Hat Yai, Songkhla, Thailand from 1st June to 30th June 2019.
- Participated in FEBS International course on systems biology of metabolism at Chalmers University, Gothenburg, Sweden. May 24th to 11th June, 2010.
- Foundation of Science and Technology, Portugal, Post Doctoral Fellow at Molecular Systems Biology Group at Centre For Neuroscience and Cell Biology, University of Coimbra, Portugal. July 2008 to February 2012.
Externally Funded Projects:
- Evaluation of green functional food fortified with cereal grasses in reducing risk of metabolic syndrome – SERB – DST Project – As Co-Principle Investigator.
- Development of protocol for reduction of acrylamide leaves in selected potato based snack foods – MoFPI Project – As Principle Investigator.
- Preparation, Characterization and evaluation of encapsulated eggplant peel extract in edible oil – MoFPI Project – As Co-Principle Investigator.