- Fruits and Vegetable Processing
- High Pressure Processing
- Food Drying
- Seligman APV Fellowship 2007 by the Society of Chemical Industry, London, UK.
- Travel Grant by Department of Science and Technology, Government of India to deliver Keynote speech and Chair Technical Session in Asia Pacific Drying Conference in Wuxi, China in 2017.
- My mentee Students group have won the following prizes for Village Adoption Programme (VAP) under my guidance held in Punjab –
a) Fourth prize in VAP-III from 30.06.2013 to 09.07.2013
b) Fourth prize in VAP-V from 23.12.2013 to 29.12.2013
c) Second prize in VAP-V from December 2013 to December 2014
d) Third prize in VAP-VII from 17.09.2014 to 26.09.2014
- Kheto, A., Dhua, S., Nema, P. K., & Sharanagat, V. S. (2021). Influence of drying temperature on quality attributes of bell pepper (Capsicum annuum L.): Drying kinetics and modeling, rehydration, color, and antioxidant analysis. Journal of Food Process Engineering, e13880. https://doi.org/10.1111/jfpe.13880
- Suri, Shweta, Singh, Anupama, Nema, Prabhat K. (2021) Recent advances in valorization of citrus fruits processing waste: A way forward towards environmental sustainability, Food Science and Biotechnology.
- Onkar A. Babar, Vinkel K. Arora, Prabhat K. Nema, Akansha Kasara, Ayon Tarafdar, (2021) Effect of PCM assisted flat plate collector solar drying of green chili on retention of bioactive compounds and control of aflatoxins development, Solar Energy, doi.org/10.1016/j.solener.2021.07.077
- Subhamoy Dhua, Ankan Kheto, Vijay Singh Sharanagat, Lochan Singh, Kshitiz Kumar, Prabhat K Nema, (2021) Quality characteristics of sand, pan and microwave roasted pigmented wheat (Triticum aestivum), Food Chemistry, 130372, ISSN 0308-8146, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodchem.2021.130372.
- Khursheed Alam Khan, S K Katiyar, Prabhat K Nema (2021) Drying kinetics, colour characterization, water activity and alkaloid content of tinospora cordifolia drying. Advances in Bioresearch 12 (2/3)
- Malakar Santanu, Arora Vinkel Kumar and Nema Prabhat K. (2021) Design and performance evaluation of an evacuated tube solar dryer for drying garlic clove. Renewable Energy. Vol 168, pg 568-580. [doi.org/10.1016/j.renene.2020.12.068].
- Chandra, A., Kumar, S., Tarafdar, A., & Nema, P. K. (2021) Ultrasonic and osmotic pretreatments followed by convective and vacuum drying of papaya slices. Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture Vol 101, Issue 6, pg 2264-2272.
- Sehrawat, R., Kaur, B.P., Nema, P.K., Tiwari S., Kumar Lokesh (2021) Microbial inactivation by high pressure processing: principle, mechanism and factors responsible. Food Sci Biotechnol (2021) 30, 19-35 . https://doi.org/10.1007/s10068-020-00831-6
- Babar, O.A., Arora, V.K., Nema, P.K. (2020) Experimental analysis for thermo-physical properties of phase change materials during accelerated thermal cycling. Australian Journal of Mechanical Engineering, pp. 1-13. DOI: 10.1080/14484846.2020.1794503
- Babar, O.A., Tarafdar, A., Malakar, S., Arora, V.K., Nema, P.K. (2020) Design and performance evaluation of a passive flat plate collector solar dryer for agricultural products. Journal of Food Process Engineering, 43 (10), art. no. e13484, DOI: 10.1111/jfpe.13484
- Harsh P Sharma, Sugandha Sharma, Vaishali and Prabhat Nema (2020) Physico-chemical and functional properties of flour prepared from native and roasted whole linseeds. Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry, 9(5): 1428-4136. (Society of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry, ISSN Print: 2349-8234, ISSN Online: 2278-4136)
- Kardile, N., Nema, P.K., Kaur, B.P., and Thakre, S.M. 2020. Comparative semi-empirical modeling and physico-functional analysis of hot-air and vacuum dried puran powder. Journal of Food Process Engineering, 43(1), e13137. DOI: 10.1111/jfpe.13137
- Kumari, V., Yadav, B.S., Yadav, R., and Nema, P.K. 2020. Effect of osmotic agents and ultasonication on osmo-convective drying of sweet lime (Citrus limetta) peel. Journal of Food Process Engineering, 43(4), e13371. DOI: 10.1111/jfpe.13371.
- Kumar, Y., Sharanagat, V.S., Singh, L., Nema, P.K. (2020) Convective drying of spine gourd (Momordica dioica): Effect of ultrasound pre-treatment on drying characteristics, color, and texture attributes. Journal of Food Processing and Preservation, 44 (9), art. no. e14639,DOI: 10.1111/jfpp.14639
- Tarafdar, A., Kaur, B.P., Nema, P.K., Babar, O.A., and Kumar, D. 2020. Using a combined neural network – genetic algorithm approach for predicting the complex rheological characteristics of microfluidized sugarcane juice. LWT Food Science and Technology, 123, 109058. DOI: 10.1016/j.lwt.2020.109058.
For more publications please visit- Scopus – Results: AU-ID(“Nema, Prabhat K.” 8593565800)
- Nema, P.K., 2021, Unit Operations in Food Processing, New India Publishing Agency, New Delhi. ISBN No.: 978-93-87973-13-8
- Nema, P.K., Kaur, B.P., and Mujumdar, A.S. 2018 Drying Technologies for Foods: Fundamentals and Applications. CRC Publishing House
- Nema, P.K., Kaur, B.P., and Mujumdar, A.S. 2017 Drying Technologies for Foods: Fundamentals and Applications Part 3. New India Publishing Agency, New Delhi. ISBN No. 97893865468383.
- Nema, P.K., Kaur, B.P., and Mujumdar, A.S. 2016 Drying Technologies for Foods: Fundamentals and Applications Part 2. New India Publishing Agency, New Delhi. ISBN No. 978-93-85516-39-9.
- Nema, P.K., Kaur, B.P., and Mujumdar, A.S. 2015 Drying Technologies for Foods: Fundamentals and Applications Part 1. New India Publishing Agency, New Delhi. ISBN No. 978-93-83305-84-1.
List of chapter / article in Books (11):
- Mitharwal Swati, Kumar Sachin , Kujur Neerja Usha, Chauhan Komal, Nema P K, 2021 Ultrasound assisted drying and its impact on bioactive compounds of fruits and vegetables. In Book ‘Green perspective in food processing’ by Anupama Singh et al. NIPA N Delhi ISBN 978-81-94849-51-3 Page 43-59
- Sandhu, H.K., Sehrawat, R., Kumar, A., Nema, P.K. 2020 Overview of food industry and role of innovation in food industry. Emerging Technologies in Food Science: Focus on the Developing World, pp. 3-14. DOI: 10.1007/978-981-15-2556-8_1
- Sharma S, Nema, P.K. 2018 Atmospheric Freeze Drying. In Drying Technologies for Foods: Fundamentals and Applications Part III., Kaur, B.P., and Mujumdar, A.S. New India Publishing Agency 2018 [ISBN- 9789386546838]
- Dasora D, Nema P K 2018. Ultrasound Application in Food Drying. In Drying Technologies for Foods: Fundamentals and Applications Part III Nema, P.K., Kaur, B.P., and Mujumdar, A.S. New India Publishing Agency 2018 [ISBN- 9789386546838]
- Anjali, Nema P K 2018. Processing and Drying of Mushroom. In Drying Technologies for Foods: Fundamentals and Applications Part III Nema, P.K., Kaur, B.P., and Mujumdar, A.S. New India Publishing Agency [ISBN- 9789386546838]
- Rachna Sehrawat, Prabhat K Nema, Drying of Mango Products 2017 In Processing and Drying of Tropical Fruits, Ed. Law, C.L., Hii, C.L., Jangam, S.V., Mujumdar, A.S. Pages 123-144 Singapore (ISBN – 978-981-11-1967-5),
- Rachna, Prabhat K. Nema, Pramod Kumar , Anit Kumar 2017 Classification of Dried Milk products In Novel Dairy Processing Technologies- Techniques, Management and Energy conservation.(ISBN: 9781771886123) Apple Academic Press
- Rachna Sehrawat, Onkar A. Babar, Anit Kumar, Prabhat K. Nema, Recent trends in drying of fruits and vegetables, 2017 Technological Interventions in the Processing of Fruits and Vegetables, Editors: Rachna Sehrawat , Khursheed A. Khan Megh R. Goyal, Prodyut K. Paul, Pages P26 Apple Academic Press [Hard ISBN: 9781771885867]
- Chavan, R.S., Sherawat, R., Nema, P.K., and Sandeep, K. 2017. High pressure processing of dairy products. Dairy Engineering- Advanced Technologies and Their Applications, 175-198 [ISBN- 9789385516399]
- Kaur, B.P., and Nema, P.K. 2016. Thermal energy storage assisted solar dryers. In: Drying Technologies for Foods: Fundamentals and Applications Part II. Eds. Nema, P.K., Kaur, B.P., and Mujumdar, A.S. (Eds.),New India Publishing Agency, New Delhi, India. Pp. 113-129. [ISBN-9789385516399]
- Nema, P. K. 2016, Cereal-based non-alcoholic indigenous fermented foods. Indigenous fermented foods of south asia, Taylor and Francis. [ISBN-9781439887905]
- Siddhartha Singha, Prabhat K. Nema Supercritical Drying 2016 Drying Technologies for Foods: Fundamentals and Applications Volume 2 Pages 131-155 New India Publishing Agency, New Delhi, India. [ISBN-9789385516399]
- Kaur, B.P., Sharanagat, V.S., and Nema, P.K. 2015. Fundamental of drying. In: Drying Technologies for Foods: Fundamentals and Applications Part 1. Eds. Nema, P.K., Kaur, B.P., and Mujumdar, A.S. New India Publishing Agency, New Delhi, India. Pp. 1-22. [ISBN-9789383305841]
|1||Ph.D.||Dairy and Food Engineering||IIT, Kharagpur||2008|
|2||M.Tech||Dairy and Food Engineering||IIT, Kharagpur||1997|
|2||Associate Professor||NIFTEM||2011 - 2014|
|3||Associate Professor||College of Food Processing Technology & Bio Energy, Anand Agricultural University, Anand Gujarat, INDIA||2009-11|
|4||Assistant Professor||K. N. K. College of Horticulture, (JNKVV/ RVSKVV), Mandsaur, MP||2005-09|
|5||Lecturer||North Eastern Regional Institute of Science and Technology, Nirjuli, Itanagar||2001-05|
- Invited to deliver Keynote speech and Chair Technical Session in Asia Pacific Drying Conference in Wuxi, China in 2017.
- As a member of NIFTEM delegation, visited various academic and research institutions in Germany and the Netherland in 2013.
- University of Reading UK in 2007 for six months as visiting researcher.
Editor / Referee / Reviewer of International and National Journals
- Editor of Journal of Food Science and Technology, Springer since April 2019.
- Guest Editor of Journal of Food Quality” an Hindawi Publication on special issue on – Innovative and Emerging Drying Technologies for Enhancing Food Quality in 2017-18.
Referee / Reviewer of-
- Journal of Food Engineering, (Elsevier Publication). (Since 2007).
- Food and Bioproducts Processing, (Trans I Chem E, Part C) Official Journal of the European Federation of Chemical Engineering, UK.
- Journal of Food Scientists and Technologists, Mysore, India (since 2007).
- Journal of Food Chemistry (Elsevier Publication). (2008)
- Drying Technology (T&F)
- Journal of Food Process Engg (Willey)
- Journal of Food Processing and Preservation (Willey)
- Applied Food Research
Consultancy works undertaken
- Consultancy services for technical inspection provided for more than 20 assignments to National Mission on Food Processing, and MSME Govt of Haryana.
- Consultancy for technical inspection of Seven Food Processing Plants in MP for M P Agro Ind Corporation Limited, Bhopal MP
Externally Funded Projects:
Title of Project
Whether PI or Co PI
Starting and Completion date
Innovative indigenous technology development for comprehensive valorization of waste from citrus fruit processing industry. (51.04 Lacs)
Co-PI with Dr Anupama as PI
12.3.2021 to 2013
Development and Performance evaluation of Evacuated Tubes Solar Collector Based Hybrid Drying System” (Rs 5.25 Lacs)
Co-PI with Dr Vinkel Arora
ongoing due to lockdown)
Development of instant probiotic fruit juice powder . (Rs 34.40 Lacs)
Co-PI with Dr V Mishra
“Rural Technology Center for Food Processing / Preservation and Farm Machinery.” A Technology Interface Unit for KVIC at NERIST. (Rs 24 Lacs)
Co-PI with Dr A K Sahu
Khadi and Village Industries Commission, Mumbai
North Eastern Regional Institute of Science and Technology, Itanagar, AP
Apparatus For Dispensing And Frying Semi-Solid Batter Globules, Indian Patent Application No. 201711039164, Date of Filing – November 02, 2017