1. Food Toxicology and Safety studies, Risk Analysis, In vitro Bioaccessibility and In vivo Bioavailability
2. Nutraceuticals and Health foods, Antioxidants, Protein hydrolysates & Bioactive peptides
3. Food contact migration studies for indirect additives and their Risk assessment
- MASHAV Scholarship by Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Govt. of Israel
- Awarded DST-INSPIRE Fellowship by DST, Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India
- Recipient of the prestigious Summer Research Fellowship of Indian Academy of Sciences, Bangalore
- Neomac Project Shiksha Scholarship, a Merit-based scholarship by Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Awarded first prize three times and Annual second prize twice (Best VAP Team & Best Mentor Award for the year 2014-15 and 2015-16) in the Institute’s flagship, Village Adoption Programme (VAP).
Publications in the SCOPUS
1. Kumar, D., Mishra, A., Tarafdar, A., Kumar, Y., Verma, K., Aluko, R., … and Badgujar, P. C. 2021. In vitro bioaccessibility and characterization of spent hen meat hydrolysate powder prepared by spray and freeze-drying techniques. Process Biochemistry. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.procbio.2021.03.029.
2. Kadian, D., Kumar, A., Badgujar, P. C., and Sehrawat, R. 2021. Effect of homogenization and microfluidization on physicochemical and rheological properties of mayonnaise. Journal of Food Process Engineering, 44(4), e13661.
3. Tarafdar, A., Kumar, Y., Kaur, B. P., and Badgujar, P. C. 2021. High‐pressure microfluidization of sugarcane juice: Effect on total phenols, total flavonoids, antioxidant activity, and microbiological quality. Journal of Food Processing and Preservation, e15428.
4. Kumar, D., Jyoti, A., Tarafdar, A., Kumar, A., and Badgujar, P. C. 2020. Comparative functional and spectroscopic analysis of spent hen meat hydrolysate by individual and combined treatment of microbial proteases. Preparative Biochemistry and Biotechnology, https://doi.org/10.1080/10826068.2020.1848865
5. Verma, K., Tarafdar, A., and Badgujar, P.C. 2021. Microfluidics assisted tragacanth gum based sub-micron curcumin suspension and its characterization. LWT Food Science and Technology, 135, 110269. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lwt.2020.110269
6. Kumar, Y., Singhal, S., Tarafdar, A., Pharande, A., Ganesan, M., and Badgujar, P.C. 2020. Ultrasound assisted extraction of selected edible macroalgae: Effect on antioxidant activity and quantitative assessment of polyphenols by liquid chromatography with tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS). Algal Research, 52, 102114. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.algal.2020.102114
7. Meenakumari, R., Jadhav, V.J., and Badgujar, P.C. 2020. Development of an HPLC Fluorescence Method for Determining Efficacy of Milk Pasteurization. Food Analytical Methods, 1-8. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12161-020-01865-6
8. Chandratre, G.A., Wagh, V., Badgujar, P.C., Patil, V., and Nehte, R.S. 2020. p53 Gene Mutation in Blood of Zebu Cattle with Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Horn. Journal of Comparative Pathology, 181, 53-57. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcpa.2020.09.018
9. Kumar, A., Badgujar, P.C., Mishra, V., Sehrawat, R., Babar, O.A., and Upadhyay, A. 2019. Effect of microfluidization on cholesterol, thermal properties and in vitro and in vivo protein digestibility of milk. LWT Food Science and Technology, 116, 108523.
10. Kumar, D., Tarafdar, A., Kumar, Y., and Badgujar, P.C. 2019. Intelligent modeling and detailed analysis of drying, hydration, thermal, and spectral characteristics for convective drying of chicken breast slices. Journal of Food Process Engineering, 42(5), e13087.
11. Kumar, Y., Tarafdar, A., Kumar, D., and Badgujar, P.C. 2019. Effect of Indian brown seaweed Sargassum wightii as a functional ingredient on the phytochemical content and antioxidant activity of coffee beverage. Journal of Food Science and Technology. 56(10), 4516-4525.
12. Ravichandran, C., Badgujar, P.C., Gundev, P., and Upadhyay, A. 2018. Review of toxicological assessment of d-limonene, a food and cosmetics additive. Food and Chemical Toxicology, 120, 668-680.
13. Badgujar, P.C., Selkar, N.A., Chandratre, G.A., Pawar, N.N., Dighe, V.D., Bhagat, S.T., Telang, A.G., and Vanage, G.R. 2017. Fipronil-induced genotoxicity and DNA damage in vivo: protective effect of vitamin E. Human & Experimental Toxicology, 36(5), 508-519.
14. Pawar, N.N., Badgujar, P.C., Sharma, L.P., Telang, A.G., and Singh, K.P. 2017. Oxidative impairment and histopathological alterations in kidney and brain of mice following subacute lambda-cyhalothrin exposure. Toxicology and Industrial Health, 33(3), 277-286.
15. Lonare, M., Kumar, M., Raut, S., More, A., Doltade, S., Badgujar, P., and Telang, A. 2016. Evaluation of the ameliorative effect of curcumin on imidacloprid‐induced male reproductive toxicity in wistar rats. Environmental Toxicology, 31(10), 1250-1263.
16. Badgujar, P.C., Chandratre, G.A., Pawar, N.N., Telang, A.G., and Kurade, N.P. 2016. Fipronil induced oxidative stress involves alterations in SOD 1 and catalase gene expression in male mice liver: Protection by vitamins E and C. Environmental Toxicology, 31(9), 1147-1158.
17. Badgujar, P.C., Pawar, N.N., Chandratre, G.A., Telang, A.G., and Sharma, A.K. 2015. Fipronil induced oxidative stress in kidney and brain of mice: protective effect of vitamin E and vitamin C. Pesticide Biochemistry and Physiology, 118, 10-18.
18. Chandratre, G.A., Telang, A.G., Badgujar, P.C., Raut, S.S., and Sharma, A.K. 2014. Toxicopathological alterations induced by high dose dietary T-2 mycotoxin and its residue detection in Wistar rats. Archives of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology, 67(1), 124-138.
19. Lonare, M., Kumar, M., Raut, S., Badgujar, P., Doltade, S., and Telang, A. 2014. Evaluation of imidacloprid-induced neurotoxicity in male rats: a protective effect of curcumin. Neurochemistry International, 78, 122-129.
20. Badgujar, P.C., Jain, S.K., Singh, A., Punia, J.S., Gupta, R.P., and Chandratre, G.A. 2013. Immunotoxic effects of imidacloprid following 28 days of oral exposure in BALB/c mice. Environmental Toxicology and Pharmacology, 35(3), 408-418.
21. Deshmukh, P.V., Badgujar, P.C., and Gatne, M.M. 2009. In vitro red blood cell partitioning of doxycycline. Indian Journal of Pharmacology, 41(4),173-175.
- Shrikant Katole, Ravindra Jadhav, Prarabdh C. Badgujar, K. L. Khurana, Ajit Kumar, (2012). Diagnostic approach to the infections of the mammary glands – an overview. Animal Science Reviews, 1(7) : 1 – 23.
|1||Ph.D.||Veterinary Pharmacology||Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Izatnagar, Bareilly, UP||2014|
|2||M.V.Sc.||Veterinary Pharmacology and Toxicology||CCS Haryana Agricultural University, Hisar, Haryana||2010|
|1||Assistant Professor||NIFTEM||2012 - Present|
- Completed research-cum-consultancy project “Regulatory Approval of Polyvinyl Acetate (PVAc) as an indirect food additive” awarded by Jubilant Agri and Consumer Products Ltd.
- Selected and attended International Course on “Feeding the Future: Food Safety and Technology In Times of Global Change” at The Robert H. Smith Faculty of Agriculture, Food & Environment, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel from 7th to 26th October 2018
Externally Funded Projects: