Dr. Anurag Singh Designation : Assistant Professor email@example.com +91-130-2281255
- Fruits and vegetables processing
- Minimal processing of foods
- Bakery and confectionary
- Development of Functional Foods
- Qualified National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by Indian Council of Agricultural Research in 2014.
- Mishra Dheeraj, Shukla A.K., Tripathi Kamal K., Singh A., Dixit A.K. and Singh K. Efficacy of Application of Vegetable Seed Oils as Grain Protectant against Infestation by Callosobruchus chinensis and Its Effect on Milling Fractions and Apparent Degree of Dehusking of Legume-Pulses. J. Oleo Science (ISSN 1345-8957 print/ISSN 1347-3352 online). 2007. Vol. 56(1), pp 1-7.
- Singh Anurag, Kumar Sanjay and Sharma H.K. Effect of enzymatic hydrolysis on the juice yield from bael fruit (Aegle marmelos correa) pulp. American Journal of Food Technology (eISSN: 1557-458X; pISSN: 1557-4571). 2012. Vol.7, pp. 62-72. DOI: 10.3923/ajft.2012.
- Singh Anurag, Sharma H. K., Kumar Sanjay, Upadhyay Ashutosh, and Mishra K. P. Comparative Effect of Crude and Commercial Enzyme on the Juice Recovery from Bael Fruit (Aegle marmelos Correa) Using Principal Component Analysis. International Journal of Food Science Volume 2013, Article ID 239839, 8 pages. http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2013/239839
- Anurag Singh, H.K. Sharma, Navneet Kumar, Ashutosh Upadhyay, Effect of pretreatments on physical and thermal properties of Bael (Aegle marmelos Correa) fruit pulp during storage, Austin Journal of Nutrition and Food Sciences. 2014, 2(4):8.
- Anurag Singh, Harish Kumar Sharma, Sanjay Kumar and K.P. Mishra, Optimization of Pre-Treatment Conditions for Maximum Pulp Recovery with optimum quality from Bael Fruit (Aegle marmelos Correa), African Journal of Agricultural Research (ISSN: 1991-637X).2014, 9(18): 1362-1370.
- Anurag Singh, H.K. Sharma, Pragati Kaushal and Ashutosh Upadhyay. Bael (Aegle marmelos Correa) Products Processing: A review. African Journal of Food Science (ISSN: 1996-0794). 2014. Vol. 8(5) 204-215
- Anurag Singh, H.K. Sharma, Navneet Kumar, Ashutosh Upadhyaya and K. P. Mishra, Thin layer hot air drying of bael (Aegle marmelos) fruit pulp. International Food Research Journal 22(1): 398-406 (2015)
- Vipul Jaglan, Ankur Ojha, Anurag Singh, Ravinder Singh, Shashank Gaur. Development of novel herb supplemented soymilk fortified fruit based dairy yoghurt. Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry. Vol. 7, Issue 3 Part W (2018), pp 1621-1625.
- Joshi, S., Singh, A., Laobangdisa, S.B. and Kulkarni, S. (2020). Utilization of Prickly Pear for Preparation of Fruit Dessert. Asian Journal of Dairy and Food Research. 39(1): 58-65.
- Dhiman, A., Chawla, D., Thakur, D., Chauhan, D., Bharara, C. and Singh A. (2020). Development and Optimization of Ready to Serve (RTS) Beetroot Drink. Asian Journal of Dairy and Food Research. 39(1): 49-57
- Pooja Jha, Murlidhar Meghwal, Pramod K Prabhakar, Anurag Singh (2021) Exploring Effects of different Pre-Treatments on Drying Kinetics, Moisture Diffusion, Physico-Functional, and Flow Properties of Banana Flower Powder, Journal of Food Processing and Preservation. https://doi.org/10.1111/jfpp.15356
- Meenatai G. Kamble, Anurag Singh, Vijendra Mishra, Murlidhar Meghwal, Pramod K. Prabhakar (2021) Mass and surface modelling of green plantain banana fruit based on physical characteristics, Computers and Electronics in Agriculture ,186 , 106194, 1-10
- Debbarma, T., Thangalakshmi, S., Tadakod, M., Singh, R., and Singh, A. (2021). Comparative analysis of ohmic and conventional heat-treated carrot juice. Journal of Food Processing and Preservation, 00, e15687. Pp 1-12. https://doi.org/10.1111/jfpp.15687
- Khare A., Singh A., Lal A.B., Singh A. P. and Singh A. P. 2015. Preparation and optimization of coconut milk chocolate, In: Production and Processing of Food Crops for Value Addition: Technology and Genetic Options, Eds. R. K. Behl, A. P. Singh, A. B. Lal G., Haesaert, AGROBIOS International, Jodhpur (India). pp. 247-252. ISBN: 978-93-81191-05-7.
- Singh A. Effect of Globalization on identity of Indian Ethnic Food. In: Indian and Western Aspects of Identity, Eds. Geeta Singh, Ritambhara Mishra, Rakesh Kumar Singh, Sachin Vashishtha, Sangeeta Sharma Dhaor, Diljeet Kaur Verma, Saba Safi, Shree Kala Prakashan, Delhi (India). pp. 39-47. ISBN: 978-93-85329-22-7.
- Singh A., Ojha A., and Upadhyay A. 2018. Foods preserved with hurdle technology. In: Innovative Food Science and Emerging Technologies, Eds. Sabu Thomas, Rajakumari Rajendran, Anne George, Nandakumar Kalarikkal, Apple Academic Press, Inc., pp. 369-392.ISBN: 978177188661.
- Singh A., Ojha A. and Upadhyay A. 2020. Post Harvest Losses, Food Spoilage and its Causes, In: Sustainable Development through Food and Nutritional Security, Eds. Deepika Baranwal and Ram Chandra, Daya Publishing House, A Division of Astral International Pvt. Ltd. New Delhi (India). pp. 119-125. ISBN: 978-93-88982-95-5 (HB).
- Khatri M. and Singh A. Effect of Food Processing Techniques on Nutritional Value, Food Packaging and Labeling In: Sustainable Development through Food and Nutritional Security, Eds. Deepika Baranwal and Ram Chandra, Daya Publishing House, A Division of Astral International Pvt. Ltd. New Delhi (India). pp. 127-134. ISBN: 978-93-88982-95-5 (HB).
- Jan B., Rizvi Q.H., Shams R., Dar A.H., Singh A., Khan S.A. 2020. Bitter Gourd. In: Nayik G.A., Gull A. (eds) Antioxidants in Vegetables and Nuts – Properties and Health Benefits. Springer, Singapore. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-15-7470-2_9. Online ISBN 978-981-15-7470-2
- Singh A. and Thakur D., 2021, Application of hydrogels in food packaging to Protect food loss, In: Food Loss and Waste Reduction
Technical Solutions for Cleaner Production, Eds. Laxmikant S. Badwaik, Cristobal Noé Aguilar, K. Haghi, Apple Academic Press Inc., USA. ISBN: 9781771889391-In production
- Aamir Hussain Dar, Rafiya Shams, Qurat ul EainHyder Rizwi, Ishrat Majid, Anurag Singh, Shafat Khan .2021. Extraction technology applied in food and biological products, 1st Edition, Food Processing – Advances in Non-Thermal Technologies Edited By K K Das & S Chakraborty, ISBN 9780367756109, CRC Press Taylor & Francis Group.
- Meenatai G. Kamble, Ajay Chinchkar, and Anurag Singh. 2021. Microencapsulation Technology: Potential in Formulations of Probiotic Foods, Handbook of Research on Food Processing and Preservation Technologies, Volume 1
Nonthermal and Innovative Food Processing Methods, Eds. Megh R. Goyal, Preeti Birwal and Monika Shrama, Apple Academic Press Inc., USA. ISBN: 9781771889827 -In production
- Ajay Chinchkar, Meenatai G. Kamble, and Anurag Singh. 2021. Potential Use of Robotics in the Food Industry, Handbook of Research on Food Processing and Preservation Technologies: Computer-Aided Food Processing and Quality Evaluation Techniques; Volume 3. Eds. Preeti Birwal, Megh R Goyal and Monika Sharma under book series: Innovations in Agricultural and Biological Engineering. Apple Academic Press Inc., USA. ISBN: 9781774630334-In production.
|1||Ph.D.||Food Technology||M.G.C.G. University, Satna (M.P.)||2015|
|2||M. Tech.||Food Technology||U.P.T.U. Lucknow||2005|
|3||B. E.||Food Technology||Dr. B.R.A. University, Agra||2003|
|1||Assistant Professor||NIFTEM||July 2014 to date|
|2||Assistant Professor||RBS Engineering Technical Campus, Agra||September, 2005 to June, 2014|
- “Development of healthy cake premixes” for Bajaj Foods Ltd.
- “Ethylene Emission Characteristics of Selected Fruits/ vegetables vis-à-vis Ethylene Absorption Characteristics of BeFresh (India) Media” for Diorella Impex Ltd.
- IIIrd party inspection of plant and machinery of Ghazipur Slaughter House and rendering plant funded by EDMC, Delhi and M/s. Fragarifico Allana
- Quality control, packaging and branding of food processing units funded by Khadi Village Industries Commission, Ambala.
- Shelf-life extension of Sepu Badi for Shraddha Food Packers, H.P.
- Attended a Multicountry Observational Study Mission on Food Safety Management Systems along Food Value Chains at Tokyo, Japan from May 23-29, 2016.
- Visited Addis Ababa Science and Technology University, Ethiopia for 01 week during 20-26 January, 2019.
Externally Funded Projects:
- Supervised research project on “Study the Utilization of Potato Waste for the Production of Bio-Fuels” funded by NIFTEM under innovation fund worth Rs. 14.6 Lakhs.
- Worked as Co-PI for an Indo-Ethiopian joint Science and Technology project for establishment of a Centre of Excellence for Bio-processing and Biotechnology at Addis Ababa University of Science and Technology, Ethiopia funded by DST, GOI worth Rs. 40,69,200.00
- Working as co-PI for a MOFPI funded project on development of course content and learning material including multimedia aids for 13 selected job roles in food industry worth Rs. 97.5 Lakhs.
- Worked as PI for an industry sponsored research project for Shelf Life extension of fruits and vegetables using PVAc as coating material funded by Jubilant Agri. and consumer Products Ltd. worth Rs. 4.13 Lakhs.