Prof. Prasanna Kumar G.V Designation : Professor firstname.lastname@example.org +91-130-2281098
- Post harvest engineering
- Low temperature drying
- Heat recovery and process integration
- Renewable energy applications
- Mechanisms and machine theory
- Soft computing applications
- Research methods
- Distinguished Services Certificate of ISAE 2013 for the significant contribution in the field of Farm Machinery & Power. It was awarded in the 48th Annual Convention of Indian Society of Agricultural Engineers, MPUAT, Udaipur, 21-23 Feb., 2014.
- Jyoti award for the best paper on design and development of vegetable transplanting machine based on original R&D which has found the application in field in the 45th Annual Convention of Indian Society of Agricultural Engineers, Dr. PDKV, Nagpur, 17-19 Jan., 2011.
- Prasanna Kumar, G.V., Paul, S.K., Khobragade, C.B., Bania, B. and Sengupta, D. 2020. Requirements of mixed tangerine and pineapple powdered peel wastes fermentation for citric acid production. J. of Scientific Research and Development, CIGR Agricultural Engineering International, 22(2): 201-214.
- Baruah, N., Prasanna Kumar, G.V. and Khobragade, C.B. 2019. Feasibility study of various organic fibers as potential desiccant materials. Russian J. of Physical Chemistry B, 13(6): 969-974.
- Mandal, S., Prasanna Kumar, G.V., Bhattacharya, T.K., Tanna, H.R. and Jena, P.C. 2019. Briquetting of pine needles (Pinus roxburgii) and their physical, handling and combustion properties. Waste and Biomass Valorization, 10(8): 2415-2424.
- Dihingia, P.C., Prasanna Kumar, G.V., Sarma, P.K. and Neog, P. 2018. Hand-fed vegetable transplanter for use with a walk-behind-type hand tractor. International J. of Vegetable Science, 23(3): 254-273.
- Dihingia, P.C., Prasanna Kumar, G.V., Sarma, P.K. and Neog, P. 2017. Production of soil block seedlings in plug trays for mechanical transplanting. International J. of Vegetable Science, 23(5): 471-485.
- Baruah, N. and Prasanna Kumar, G.V.2017. Numerical modeling of regenerative rotary heat exchanger: a review. J. of Biosystems Engineering, 42(1): 44-55.
- Dihingia, P.C., Prasanna Kumar, G.V. and Sarma, P.K. 2016. Development of a hopper-type planting device for a walk-behind hand-tractor-powered vegetable transplanter. J. of Biosystems Engineering, 41(1): 21-33
|1||Ph.D||Mechanical vegetable transplanter||IIT Kharagpur||2011|
|2||M.Tech||Farm Machinery and Power||IIT Kharagpur||1998|
|1||Professor||NIFTEM||2020 - Present|
|2||Applied Mechanics, Thermodynamics, Strength of Materials, Theory of Machines, Machine Design, Renewable Sources of Energy, Heat and Mass Transfer, Computer Aided Design, Computer Programming in C Plus Plus and MATLAB, Computational Methods, Soft Computing Applications, Statistical Methods, Research Techniques, Research Methodology||Assam University, Silchar||2012 - 2020|
|3||Applied Mechanics, Thermodynamics, Strength of Materials, Theory of Machines, Machine Design, Renewable Sources of Energy, Heat and Mass Transfer||NERIST, Nirjuli, Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh||2001 - 2011|