SCHOLARSHIP AND FELLOWSHIP
1. Fellowship to GATE Qualified Candidates:
As per prescribed qualification for admission to the M.Tech. programme of NIFTEM, the applicant should have a valid GATE score and candidates having GATE score are preferred over non GATE students.
GATE qualified candidates are provided a scholarship/assistantship admissible to them for studying M.Tech. programmes at different technical institutions like IITs, NITs and other AICTE approved engineering institutions.
Funds for granting this scholarship/fellowship is given by AICTE to the AICTE approved institution.
AICTE offers various financial assistance schemes and PG scholarship is one of them.
The details of scheme are placed at the website of AICTE. Accordingly valid GATE scorers are eligible for scholarship @ Rs. 8000/- per month.
2. NIFTEM’s own scholarships to students admitted in M.Tech. courses
The Board of Management in its 9th Meeting held on 20.03.2012 approved creation of a Scholarship Fund in NIFTEM by apportioning 5% of its Revenue Income for grant of following scholarships:
NIFTEM Merit Scholarship: The scholarship is given to one student on merit in each of the programme of M.Tech. Merit Scholarship is paid during the period of second semester. There after toppers of first year will be awarded scholarship for next year and subsequent years according to the toppers of each year. It includes tuition fee waiver and a fixed monthly stipend for ten months.
NIFTEM Merit-cum-Means Scholarship: Institute merit-cum-means scholarship is awarded to M.Tech. students of the institute strictly on merit-cum- means basis for needy students having family annual income from all sources not exceeding Rs.2,50,000/-. 5% students will be considered for award of scholarship i.e. six students in M.Tech. (one each in all the five streams). It includes tuition fee waiver and a fixed monthly stipend for ten months.
3. Rules of Scholarship
3.1 NIFTEM Merit Scholarship
A. Student must have completed without any break:
- Ist semester for IInd semester scholarship.
- Ist and IInd semester, for the second year scholarship.
- IIIrd and IVth semester, for the third year scholarship.
- Vth and VIth semester, for the fourth year scholarship.
B. The student shoud have cleared all the courses of the concerned semester in the first available chance.
C. The student eligibility would be judged by combining scores of both semesters taken for reckoning.
D. The student eligibility would be judged by combining scores of both semesters taken for reckoning.
E. Student must fulfil other criteria of attendance etc. for appearing in examination.
3.2 NIFTEM Merit-cum-Means Scholarship
Institute merit cum means scholarship is awarded to students in M.Tech. of the institute strictly on merit-cum-means basis and on the recommendations of the scholarship committee.
- The student should satisfy merit and means criteria adopted by the institute and approved by the Board of Management.
- The annual gross income of parent’s of student from all sources does not exceed Rs. 2,50,000/-.
- Students are not considered for scholarship if they have passed their +2 examination from schools with annual tuition fee of more than Rs. 30,000.00 per annum.
- Student must have passed all papers in first available chance.
- All papers must have been cleared with a 60% score or B grade.
- The student should not have been penalised or must not have been awarded any major disciplinary punishment by the institute disciplinary committee.
3.3 Calculation of Merit-cum-Means Scores
The merit cum means scores will be calculated by giving equal weightage to parent’s income and merit of student as follows:
|Weightage of parent’s income||50%|
|Weightage of merit of student||50%|
Parent`s income weight age will be calculated as under:
|Annual income below Rs. 1,00,000/-||100 marks|
|Rs. 1,00,000.00 – 1,50,000/-||95 marks|
|Rs. 1,50,000.00 – 2,00,000/-||90 marks|
|Rs. 2,00,000.00 – 2,50,000/-||85 marks|
Amount and Duration of Scholarship:
Awardees will derive following benefits from scholarship
Full tution fee waiver for both the semester.
A fixed monthly stipend of Rs. 1000/ for two semesters (August – December and January to May) totaling 10 months in a year. This is not applicable for those students receiving GATE fellowship.