SCHOLARSHIP AND FELLOWSHIP
1. The Institute will offer the following types of scholarships to its B.Tech (FTM) Students:
NIFTEM Merit Scholarship: The scholarship is given to the first 3 students on a merit scholarship and would be paid during the second semester. Thereafter toppers of the first year will be awarded scholarships for the next year and subsequent years accordingly only to the toppers of each year. It includes a tuition fee waiver and a fixed monthly stipend for ten months.
NIFTEM Merit-cum-Means Scholarship: Institute merit-cum-means scholarship is awarded to B.Tech students of the institute strictly on merit-cum- means the basis for needy students having family annual income from all sources not exceeding Rs.2,50,000/-. 5% of students will be considered for the award of scholarship i.e. six students in B.Tech (one each in all five streams). It includes a tuition fee waiver and a fixed monthly stipend for ten months.
2. Rules of Scholarship
2.1 NIFTEM Merit Scholarship
- A. Student must have completed without any break:
- Ist semester for IInd semester scholarship.
- Ist and IInd semester, for the second year scholarship.
- IIIrd and IVth semester, for the third year scholarship.
- Vth and VIth semester, for the fourth year scholarship.
- B. The student should have cleared all the courses of the concerned semester in the first available chance.
- C. The student eligibility would be judged by combining scores of both semesters taken for reckoning.
- D. The student should not have been penalized or must not have been awarded any major disciplinary action by the institute disciplinary committee.
- E. Student must fulfill other criteria of attendance etc. for appearing in the examination.
2.2 NIFTEM Merit-cum-Means Scholarships
Institute merit cum means scholarship is awarded to students in B.Tech of the institute strictly on merit-cum means the basis and on the recommendations of the scholarship committee.
- Eligibility Criteria:
- The student should satisfy merit and means criteria adopted by the institute and approved by the Board of Management.
- The annual gross income of parents of students from all sources does not exceed Rs. 2,50,000/-.
- Students are not considered for the scholarship if they have passed their +2 examination from schools with annual tuition fees of more than Rs. 30,000.00 per annum.
- Student must have passed all papers in the first available chance.
- All papers must have been cleared with a 60% score or B grade.
- The student should not have been penalized or must not have been awarded any major disciplinary punishment by the institute disciplinary committee.
2.3 Calculation of Merit-cum-Means Scores
The merit cum means scores will be calculated by giving equal weightage to the parent’s income and merit of the student as follows:
|Weightage of parent’s income
|Weightage of merit of student
Parent`s income weightage will be calculated as under:
|Annual income below Rs. 1,00,000/-
|Rs. 1,00,000.00 – 1,50,000/-
|Rs. 1,50,000.00 – 2,00,000/-
|Rs. 2,00,000.00 – 2,50,000/-
Amount and Duration of Scholarship:
Awardees will derive following benefits from scholarship
Full tution fee waiver for both the semester.