Agriculture and Environmental Science
The Department of Agriculture and Environmental Science is one of the five constituent departments of NIFTEM. It focuses on enhancing agricultural sustainability by addressing issues of post harvest management of food crops, food security and agro produce waste management. Department accomplishes its mission to educate students about the importance of biodiversity, ecological processes, and fosters an interdisciplinary perspective on environmental issues. Hands on education and faculty dedication to strong academic and professional research fulfil the unique purposes of sustainable agriculture and environmental systems.
This department is currently offering M.Tech in Food Supply Chain Management and Ph.D programme in Agriculture and Environmental Science, apart from teaching various courses in B.Tech (Food Technology and Management).
Department of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences envisions to become an international center of excellence in imparting quality education, disseminating technologies and innovative solutions to the stakeholders of agro-processing domain by integrating multidisciplinary approaches of postharvest technology, plant food processing, and sustainable food systems including greening of agri-food processing industries.
- To provide the state of art infrastructure and professional environment that enables stakeholders to make significant contribution in reducing postharvest losses, improving agri- horti processing and post-production environmental sustainability.
- To produce globally competent professionals with strong creative skills and ethical values utilizing educational resources as a lifelong learning experience.
- To be dynamic, innovative and entrepreneurial in devising academic programme, schemes and outreach activities.
- To impart quality education and undertake strategic research in the area of post-harvest technology and environmental sustainability.
- To integrate the academia and industry to strengthen the focus on answering the real time situations of the industry.
- To establish vital linkages with farmers and budding rural entrepreneurs to strengthen the efforts in doubling farmer’s income.